Thursday 30 May 2013

Foodie Penpals May

All the foodie penpal parcels I've received have been lovely, but this month's was extra fantastic! It was a combination of Stephanie putting in such a lot of thought, and the fact that it was the first parcel I've got from abroad. Stephanie is an American, living in Switzerland, and I requested anything local, things I might not have tried before, some of her favourite bits and lots of little things if possible. And she definitely didn't disappoint!

Going clockwise, starting from the top, we have...
Spitzbuben cookies: These were the first things I opened, and they are delish. Just like grown up jammie dodgers! 
Blevita tomato and basil crackers: These were part of a picnic we had last week, and they definitely provided a tasty crunch! 
Set of 3 jams from Stephanie's local bakery: I haven't opened these yet, because I haven't finished the jams Kathryn sent me last month, but I am sure they will be good when I do.
Toblerone and Strawberry Cheesecake chocolate bars: As Stephanie said, you can't have a parcel from Switzerland without chocolate, and these were both scrummy!
Selection of little boiled sweets: These are now living in my handbag, from when I need a sugar rush on the go!
Homemade lollipop: This is still sitting on the side in the kitchen, because it is far too sweet to eat! 

And on the packaging, there was this cute little drawing! I wonder if people would be impressed if I got my 25 year old boyfriend to draw a picture on their package? I'm not sure his art ability is any better than Stephanie's little son! 

I just had to put the cookies on this plate John's Mum recently bought us. They look too too sweet! I only did this for the photo opp then put them straight back in the tin, after eating one. Or two. Or three. The things I do for my blog!

Isn't the packaging on this strawberry cheesecake chocolate bar amazing? As if strawberry cheesecake flavoured chocolate wasn't enough to make you love it, it also introduces itself so nicely. 

Thanks for a gorgeous package, Stephanie! 

I sent my parcel this month to Maria in Cyprus. I sent her a combination of English goodies (cereal, cadbury chocolate) and some of my favourites (curry powder, green tea, sumac, wasabi peas). Unfortunately, neither Maria or Stephanie have a blog for me to share with you, but I certainly enjoying my foodie penpal experience with them both! 

If you're interested in becoming a foodie penpal, check out thisisrocksalt.com for more info!


8 comments:

  1. Is it just me or are these FPP items really pretty?? I would be so excited to get a strawberry cheesecake bar in my box!!! That's one of my favorite desserts.

    I'll have to get my toddler to start drawing pictures for future FPP's. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a gorgeous parcel, isn't it? I was so happy when it came! Stephanie was the perfect penpal!!

      It's a lovely idea, I just need to have a toddler before I can do it!!

      Delete
  2. Strawberry cheesecake bar sounds AMAZING!!!! I also LOVE the turtle plate!! So cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really yum! Isn't the plate great?! I have a monkey and an elephant one too!

      Delete
  3. The cookies look good but LOVE the turtle plate! I think I need one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they make me smile everytime I use them!

      Delete
  4. The cookies look so good! They kind of look like a smiley face which makes me smile even more with them on the turtle plate haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really yummy! I'm genuinely impressed with myself that there are still some left!

      Delete