Wednesday 29 August 2012

Bento No.27, Mediterranean with a View

On a day off last weekend, John and I finally got round to hiking over some hills near our house. We didn't know how long the walk would take (or exactly where it started or how difficult it would be or really anything about it!) so we wanted to take lunch with us. We'd bought some salami the day before, and John treated himself to some olives, so I used that as a basis for a (very) vaguely Mediterranean, simple bento. 

Back box: Steamed brocolli and couscous with fried carrot and red pepper and various herbs
Front Box: Sweet potato (boiled, drained, then sprinkled with cumin), salami, sundried tomatoes, olives

My box was the same, except for an olive/cucumber substitution

And just look at the gorgeous view we had to eat it with! I don't know if it was the view, the hunger or the bento itself, but this was one the yummiest bentos I've made in ages, despite the simplicity. Definitely be making it again! 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm those look so good- they are making me incredibly hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get something yummy for breakfast/lunch/dinner/whatever meal is next in the part of the world you're in!

      Delete